The Big Story - school clubs with 'godly play'
"Godly Play - an imaginative method for presenting scripture stories to children" was developed in the United States by an Episcopal priest, Jerome Berryman. While making full use of Berryman's method and stories, we have developed a large number of our own stories and story kits, inspired by Godly Play. We stay with the well tested programme for each session:
- Welcome over squash and a biscuit
- Story Circle, settling, and the story told and set out
- The Wonderings: questions to prompt imaginative response to the story
- Activity time: usually a choice of craft options which take the theme further
- The Feast, with grace around the circle first
- Good bye and go well!